Guest Post Guidelines
Interested in writing a guest post for Bridle & Bone? Welcome. Bridle & Bone is a format to inform readers of health & wellness topics related to horses and dogs.
New perspectives from other bloggers, animal experts, and animal owners are welcome. However, I am very selective what topics and posts I publish on the blog. Only guest posts that are well-written and of relevance to my readers will be considered for publication. Follow the guidelines below for consideration.
**Note I am only accepting solicited guest posts at this time due to the high volume of requests.**
- Write a post with interesting, useful, and well-researched content that would benefit my readers.
- Use examples and personal anecdotes to clarify your points.
- Use original content not published before, and does not violate copyright laws.
- Provide a minimum of three high resolution photos.
- Send us a pitch only if you are a blogger with your own blog, a health and wellness professional, or have a meaningful contribution to my readers. I will not consider sponsored product reviews or self-promotion written by companies or brands.
Please send a proposal email to Heather Wallace: email@example.com. The subject line should read BLOG GUEST POST.
Provide the following information:
- Who you are
- The title of your proposed post
- Brief overview of the proposed the topic (3-4 sentences max).
- Tell me how Bridle & Bone readers would benefit from your post.
- Link to your website, and a few links to your best posts.
If after consideration I’ve accepted your post proposal, please create and share your post by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The post will be edited by my for greater clarity, grammar, and punctuation.
- Minimum 600 words.
- Have a call to action at the end of your post.
- Have an author bio at the end (about 40 words). You should link to your blog and social media channels. Provide a high-resolution headshot or picture for your author bio.
- Carefully edit and proofread your post for spelling, grammar, and readability.
- Please include high-resolution images and send them to me as attachments in email to email@example.com. Your text should indicate where you prefer the images be located.
Once your submission has been approved and edited for format, it will be scheduled for publication. I strive to post within 4-6 weeks of initial submission. If possible, you will be notified as to publication date. I reserve the right to deny publication at any time.
I retain the copyright of all material published on Bridle & Bone. You are encouraged to promote the post via social media and link to it from your own website or blog, but you many not republish the post.