Bridle & Bone
Guest Blog Guidelines
Interested in becoming a Guest Blogger for Bridle & Bone? Welcome. Bridle & Bone is a format to inform readers of health & wellness topics and personal stories related to horses and dogs. I publish personal journey posts, dog-friendly adventures, and aromatherapy & wellness advice.
I am interested in reading new perspectives and learning from other bloggers, animal experts, and animal owners. I am very selective what guest posts I publish. If you have a post you would feel would be of great interest to my readers, please follow the guidelines below. Not all submissions will be accepted.
- Write a post with interesting, useful, and well-researched content that would benefit my readers.
- Use examples and personal anecdotes to clarify your points.
- Use original content not published before, and does not violate copyright laws.
- Provide a minimum of three high resolution photos.
- Send us a pitch only if you are a blogger with your own blog or you are a health and wellness professional.
Please send a proposal email to Heather Wallace: email@example.com. The subject line should read BLOG GUEST POST.
Provide the following information:
- Who you are
- The title of your proposed post
- Brief overview of the proposed the topic (3-4 sentences max).
- Tell us how Bridle & Bone readers would benefit from your post.
- Link to your website, and a few links to your best posts.
If after consideration I’ve accepted your post proposal, please create and share your post to firstname.lastname@example.org in Google Docs. The post may be edited by my for greater clarity, grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Be 1000 – 2000 words long.
- Have a call to action at the end of your post.
- Have an author bio at the end (about 40 words). You can and should link to your blog. A high-resolution headshot or picture for your bio is preferable, but not required.
- Carefully edit and proofread your post for spelling, grammar, and readability.
- If your post includes images (we love including photos), send them to us as attachments in email to email@example.com. Your text should indicate where you prefer they be located.
Once your submission has been approved and edited for format, it will be scheduled for publication. I strive to post within 4-6 weeks of submission. If possible, you will be notified as to publication date.
Note: I retain the copyright of all material published on Bridle & Bone. A guest blogger cannot republish their guest post elsewhere, although they are encouraged to promote it in Bridle & Bone via social media and link to it from their own website or blog.
Questions? Send me an email. - Heather Wallace, Bridle & Bone